WORK WITH US
Are you motivated, talented, and looking for the next step in your career......?
We're looking for great people to join our team, and if that's you, we'd love to hear from you. Positions we're currently recruiting for are listed below. If current roles aren't suitable, but if you'd like to be updated about future job opportunities, get in touch (info below), and we'll let you know if something suitable comes up.
1. Cabinet Maker / Fine Furniture Maker
Having hired a new member of the team last year, we’re expanding again, and looking for an experienced fine furniture and cabinet maker to join us at H. Miller Bros. It’s a exciting time in our business - we’re expanding our small kitchen and furniture making workshop into a growing team of master craftspeople who can deliver the design-lead projects we’ve become known for. We want to find a person who’s as passionate about making beautiful projects in wood as we are.
- You will be responsible for taking projects from start to finish in the workshop. This will include interpreting project drawings; selecting and planning the use of materials; rough dimensioning and planing; accurate sizing and cutting, jointing , moulding, and shaping; sanding and prepping; finishing with oil, lacquer, paint etc, fitting projects on site.
- Experience in using wood hand tools, power tools and stationary woodworking machinery is very important – this experience may have been self-guided or in a formal setting such as an apprenticeship or collage. Many projects require an ability to develop and make jigs in order to increase productivity when producing batches of items. Problem solving and thinking laterally to overcome issues is a vital part of the role, due to the large amount of bespoke work we make
- Experience in solid wood, and traditional jointing (dovetails, mortise and tenon etc) is vital, as this is what our workshop was founded on and these sorts of details are included in most of our work.
- Experience in working with veneered and plywood panels – score cutting, carcassing, pocket-holing, and domino-ing – is also essential.
- A lot of our work involves ironmongery and small bits of metal work. Experience of cutting in and installing ironmongery would be great.
- Many of our projects are installed in clients homes, and experience in fitting cabinetry is important. There will be times when you will be fitting projects away from home for periods of up to 2 weeks, though the vast majority of your time will be spent int he workshop.
- Our makers tend to be assigned their own projects to work on independently, so a comfort in being autonomous, self-starting, and diligent about deadlines is crucial.
Permanent role (on successful completion of a trail period)
Salary: up to £30,000, based on experience and knowledge.
Positions we're currently recruiting for...
FUTURE JOB OPPORTUNITIES
If you'd like to be updated about future job opportunities, let us know. We'll get in touch if something suitable comes up.
Send a cover letter and CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you'll be the first to hear about any new roles that come up